Virginia Tech, in partnership with Virginia Department of Aviation, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, the Virginia Economic Development Partnership and the Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership, will host the First Responder/Emergency Management Workshop focused on Unmanned Aircraft Application on November 19 at Virginia Tech’s Southern Piedmont Agricultural Research and Extension Center.
- Overview of Vehicle and Flight capabilities
- Overview of FAA UAS Roadmap and process for getting authorization to fly
- Examples of relevant UAS applications
- SAR Flight Demonstration
- Brainstorming applications
- Plan for Training and Certification
- Charter Working Groups